Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My PlayHome Stores and Duplo Trains

When I posted about some fun apps that I found this summer, I forgot to include My PlayHome Stores and Duplo Trains.
My Playhome Stores is similar to the original, but has a town or store theme, it costs 1.99.  It has a variety of stores and provides ample opportunity for vocabulary development.  I use this app for labeling of nouns/actions, listing items within categories, listing associations, and other language related goals.
iPhone Screenshot 1

iPhone Screenshot 2

iPhone Screenshot 3


Duplo Trains: a FREE app that allows the student to pick 'cars' for the train, design track layouts, pick cargo, pull the whistle, and build bridges. It is a nice app for vocabulary associated with transportation/trains, listing associations with trains, talking about the scenery, discussing why we need to make a train stop, making predictions about what stop is next, talking about cause/effect, problem solving, etc.  Love this one!
iPhone Screenshot 1

iPhone Screenshot 2

iPhone Screenshot 3

iPhone Screenshot 4

iPhone Screenshot 5

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog.Great idea to make kids learn about train and train safety.
    Keep Updating.Thank You.

    Regards
    PreSchool

    ReplyDelete